SailNet Community - View Single Post - Crewing up for Norway-Tenerife 2010
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009

Teet is on a distinguished road
Hi,

I am interested in joining your crew. My name is Teet, I am 36 Estonian male, living in Tallinn, Estonia. I own skipper's certificate that allows me to legally skipper non-commercial vessels of up to 24 meters LOA. I also own Restricted Radio Operator's license. I have passed these exams as I intend to purchase a sail boat and circumnavigate, hopefully in not too distant future :-) My main motivation in joining your crew is to learn and gain experience on the realities of the cruising life so that I would be better prepared for my voyages in the future. My sailing experience so far includes only costal sailing. The longest sailing trip for me has been to Finnish archipelago - we chartered a Bavaria 44 with a group of friends.

My other hobbies are mountain skiing and photography. I have travelled quite extensively. I have scuba-dived in various countries, but have not bothered to pass official certification. I am fluent in English, but learning Spanish is still in my to-do list for my circumnavigation. I guess now it would be a good reason to finally start taking classes :-)

I fully understand that setting up a crew is a critical task and one bad apple can ruin the voyage for everybody. If you are willing to consider me as candidate for a crew member position, please drop me a line so I could send you more detailed information.

My address is: teet @ markus.ee

Regards,

Teet
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook