SailNet Community - View Single Post - Transporting a boat
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2006

sailnaway is on a distinguished road
Make sure the company you deal with gets all the permits up front and that they are a lisc and insured boat hauler. The web has sights where you can get quotes from several companies to go from South Florida to New Mexico was $7400. New Mexico you say well ya its a big lake but forget it. At the other end I had to have a crane do the lift and that was another $1200 so see the problem can grow when you pull the mast and truck the boat. also some trailers use pads that press aginst the hull and can wharp the glass because the weight of the boat is on the pads. also they taped my boat cabinet doors and lockers shut and the glue from the tape stayed behind when she was shipped from Michigan to Florida still shows in some places. Where does the boat have to be moved to. Allot of people deliver boats I do another man here says he does if it can be sailed you might want that to be done it is a good thing as you can meet the captain on some leg of the trip and even get in a little time on the boat.a fair price is $200 per day thats a captain and a mate also you pay dockage ,fuel and food and plane fare home for the crew. figure around a hundred miles a day if the crew is pushing a little so do the math maybe $3000. The boat will be on a good shake down and be ready to sail when you get her back. The captain should be very mechinical or forget it hire someone else.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook