SailNet Community - View Single Post - JENNEAU 42ds,vs Catalina 42,vs Benneteu423,vsBavaria42
View Single Post
post #12 of Old 02-23-2006
ASA and PSIA Instructor

"...they charge extra for things like the spring cleats, etc... (stuff you would normally have standard on other boats)..." If by spring cleat, you mean a cleat located amidships for securing spring lines, don't knock any builder for that ommission, my CS 36T is the only boat I've ever seen that has a factory-installed spring cleat, fabricated with a bale to prevent sheet fouling. Some other builder may have gotten to this sophistication, but not that I've noticed - who do you have in mind?

MDRSAILSMAN - Cat may be more common, but I'd also bet it'll be easier for re-sell based on buyer recognition. as to the Bene and Jennie, be sure they don't try to foist any steel keels onto you, they'll be a maintenance nightmare in no time. My advice is bend your rules a bit and for the same money, consider models a few years old, or a few feet shorter of better quality boats like Tartan, JBoat and Sabre You'll find a much more attractive product for your money.
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome