SailNet Community - View Single Post - JENNEAU 42ds,vs Catalina 42,vs Benneteu423,vsBavaria42
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2006
ASA and PSIA Instructor

sailingfool will become famous soon enough
H2Oski,

"...they charge extra for things like the spring cleats, etc... (stuff you would normally have standard on other boats)..." If by spring cleat, you mean a cleat located amidships for securing spring lines, don't knock any builder for that ommission, my CS 36T is the only boat I've ever seen that has a factory-installed spring cleat, fabricated with a bale to prevent sheet fouling. Some other builder may have gotten to this sophistication, but not that I've noticed - who do you have in mind?

MDRSAILSMAN - Cat may be more common, but I'd also bet it'll be easier for re-sell based on buyer recognition. as to the Bene and Jennie, be sure they don't try to foist any steel keels onto you, they'll be a maintenance nightmare in no time. My advice is bend your rules a bit and for the same money, consider models a few years old, or a few feet shorter of better quality boats like Tartan, JBoat and Sabre You'll find a much more attractive product for your money.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook