SailNet Community - View Single Post - Moving control lines to the cockpit?
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009

Garffin is on a distinguished road
When I do leave the cockpit to say raise the main or the jib I don't seem to have enough time to do it before the boat starts to take off. In winds from 20-15 it’s no big deal but anything above 20 it’s a pain and if there is any sort of sea above 3 feet it gets tricky. I have not been in any rough weather in this boat yet but as I plain on heading south next fall and south I mean the islands or exploring the Gulf States. I am sure to run into some weather. I think I am going to try and run everything to the cockpit during my refit this spring. I just hope that the friction is not so much where I have to use the winch all the time. I feel that this boat is more capable than a lot of boats her size it’s just a matter of beefing up the rigging and getting the lines all sorted out. I do have one small winch on the mast already. As far as my head sail all I have atm is one forestay with a hank. I try and have my sails already to go before I leave the dock so as to limit my time on the deck but anyway I have some thinking to do and more reading. I do appreciate the feedback and the good advice. Thanks Dan alos thanks t37 for the effort on getting me that link
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook