SailNet Community - View Single Post - Moving control lines to the cockpit?
View Single Post
post #10 of Old 11-29-2009 Thread Starter
Garffin

When I do leave the cockpit to say raise the main or the jib I don't seem to have enough time to do it before the boat starts to take off. In winds from 20-15 it’s no big deal but anything above 20 it’s a pain and if there is any sort of sea above 3 feet it gets tricky. I have not been in any rough weather in this boat yet but as I plain on heading south next fall and south I mean the islands or exploring the Gulf States. I am sure to run into some weather. I think I am going to try and run everything to the cockpit during my refit this spring. I just hope that the friction is not so much where I have to use the winch all the time. I feel that this boat is more capable than a lot of boats her size it’s just a matter of beefing up the rigging and getting the lines all sorted out. I do have one small winch on the mast already. As far as my head sail all I have atm is one forestay with a hank. I try and have my sails already to go before I leave the dock so as to limit my time on the deck but anyway I have some thinking to do and more reading. I do appreciate the feedback and the good advice. Thanks Dan alos thanks t37 for the effort on getting me that link
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome