Join Date: Jan 2008
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
[I am very interested in electric conversion. Cd you send me your email address:
Vendors for electric motors, batteries and controllers.
Cost range. I need no more than 10hp equivalent.
My boat is a 1980 Hunter 27.
[/email]UOTE=JCR;539576]Just some feedback about electric sailboat motors.....
I have some 1st hand knowledge of electric propulsion and maybe can answer questions you may have.
1. Electric boat conversions are not difficult to do.
2. They provide you with many advantages over gas & diesel motors.
3. Electric boat motors are regenerative if they are designed properly; meaning that they will recharge the batteries when you are sailing.
4. Electric boat drives are clean, almost maintenance free and easy to use.
5. Electric boat drives installed in sailboats typically can be charged overnight and maybe much shorter times and the cost can be very low like $1.50 per charge.