SailNet Community - View Single Post - Catamaran for beach: Hobie Wave/Getaway or something else?
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009

Scubajeep is on a distinguished road
I say go with the the Getaway. You should be able to pick one up used for a good price.... Now if you really want to impress the kids get a Hobie 18 or Nacra. Both of which are fast and fun. ALthough you could pick up a used Hobie 16 for less than 500 and add a bob for 100. (or just mount a fender to the top of the mast)

No matter what yall get... just sail it and bring the kids on it. My kids love our Hobie 18 and are always asking to take a friend with them.

Todd

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Todd Hubbell
Thibodaux, LA 70301

how can i get lost? i don't know where i'm going!
-------------------------
To quote Mark Twain:
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you did not do than by the things you did do. So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook