SailNet Community - View Single Post - Catamaran for beach: Hobie Wave/Getaway or something else?
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009

Scubajeep is on a distinguished road
Talking

Beach cats are easy to move along the beach using beach wheels... I have moved my Hobie 18 alone several times. As far as righting the cat after its flipped... yes their is a technique to right it but it is not hard. If you have a "bob" on the mast the righting will be very easy. Check out the following sites for a little info...:

Catsailor.com Forums - Forums powered by UBB.threads™

Hobie Cat Forums • Index page

TheBeachcats.com - Catamaran Sailing

Texas City Dike Yacht Club | Dedicated to all who sail the muddy waters of Galveston bay

Hobie 18 Social Network

ALso once you are in the beach area try to find the local Yacht club. They may have a few used cats forsale.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Todd Hubbell
Thibodaux, LA 70301

how can i get lost? i don't know where i'm going!
-------------------------
To quote Mark Twain:
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you did not do than by the things you did do. So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook