SailNet Community - View Single Post - JENNEAU 42ds,vs Catalina 42,vs Benneteu423,vsBavaria42
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2006

RCR is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by David B
Hi all,

I am in a similar situation - keep looking at the pro's and con's of the 'big name' boats that are in the affordable league. The Hunters (41/44) keep attracting our attention, so am wondering why this manufacturer seems to have been discounted. I am all ears in wanting to learn of others perspectives regarding a nice blue-water boat (definitely needs to be able to do some serious sailing - not just a 'coastal hopper'.

Regards,

David

My father and I are looking at the same boats as the original poster, but also including Hunter and Delphia. However, Hunter dropped from our list after the Miami boat show. Their build quality is seriously lacking with regard to hatches and other external items. When tried to open a hatch on the swim platform and it would barely open because of scraping against the swim ladder. When we tried to open a hatch in the cockpit, even the saleswoman couldn't open it because of scraping against the next hatch. We also noticed the engine room cover (stairs) are not even latched down and were a pain to get back into the groove. We are not looking at Hunters anymore.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook