SailNet Community - View Single Post - Line Drawings
Thread: Line Drawings
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009
Junior Senior

heinzir is on a distinguished road
Line Drawings

Some time ago, my wife picked up several nautical decorations for one of the rooms in our house. Among them were three 18 X 24" framed profile drawings of classic boats done blueprint style, white lines on a dark blue background. One was of a daysailer, another of a 10' dinghy, and the last of a 32-gun frigate. I had often thought that it would be very cool to have a similar picture of my own boat among them. I found a suitable profile drawing in an old magazine review and had a friend convert it to "blueprint style" to match the others.

I am very happy with the results but I would like to take this project to the next level: I would like to get similar prints of the other boats in my "fleet." These include my daughter's Force 5 saiboat and my 8' Sinbad the Sailor dinghy.

I have found lots of photographs of Force 5 boats on the Force 5 forum, class website, and builder's website but was unable to find a profile drawing of the type that would easily convert to fit in with my existing posters.

I have been unable to find any information on the dinghy at all. All I know is that it is fiberglas, 8' long, has one set of oarlocks, and a single sleeved sail with an Arabian-type "curled-toe boot" as the logo. The boat is called Sinbad the Sailor and was built in Wisconsin.

Can anyone help me find suitable profile drawings of either boat?
Thanks!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook