SailNet Community - View Single Post - 1975 Hunter 25
Thread: 1975 Hunter 25
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009

Keeley25 is on a distinguished road
Post Hunter 25

I currently own and frequently travel in my 79 hunter 25. They are very easy sailing boats and as for having a 15 hp, that is a good thing as long as it runs well. Nothing worse than having them hold the bridge open and not making it through in a timely mannner. My only complaint... My mast has recently been leaking at the mast step(foot) into the head(toilet). There are 5 other hunters ranging from 25'-thru 38' here at my marina. They all have the same problem. I have looked and checked and I believe that the only way to resolve this issue is to use some 3M 5200 silicone before you put up your mast. Use it generously and seal all possible leaks. I have been up and down the mast looking for holes and have found none with mine. I have tried to silicone the base as has everyone else i know with the problem and gobbing it up on the bottom looks bad and is harder to scrape out when you silicone it again in 2 weeks. If anyone reads this and could help me with some suggestions, i would love that as well. Also the Hunter 25 if rigged correctly and the captain can hold it, is a pretty quick little boat. only 25' i found that I can almost stand in rather than crawl. Nice boat.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook