SailNet Community - View Single Post - Crewing up for Norway-Tenerife 2010
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009

shortyadamk is on a distinguished road
Hello,

My name is Adam Kane, I'm soon to be 30 (in a few weeks) and I'm currently living in Dillingham, Alaska working as a reporter for a small public radio station. Dillingham is a small town on the Bering Sea in Southwest Alaska. I graduated from university in Automotive Engineering (a field I most likely will never work in) then I left the US as a Peace Corps volunteer on the island of Malekula in Vanuatu, where I was often traveled between islands on small (overloaded) cargo ships and ocassionaly sailing boat. Following that I traveled for nearly 2 years through Australia/New Zealand, all of South East Asia, China, Korea, Japan. India and then England. Then I flew to Panama, sailed to Colombia and backpacked for a year through South America all the way down to Argentina. During my travels in South America I learned to speak Spanish very well. I returned to the US in April of 08 and came almost directly to Alaska. I came here with the intention of staying for 2-3 years and saving money in order to go out traveling again. Last year I got the idea to go sailing. I have been on a few boats and never been sea sick. I also am economically independent, no children, no smoking, no debt, etc... I have been planning my departure from here and I have decided that late 2010 would be ideal, so when I saw your post I thought it would be perfect. I am small enough (5'6") to take up very little space and I don't eat much, I'm very easy to deal with and accustomed to living in remote places with very few things. I also speak a few languages, although I wouldn't say I'm fluent in most of them. I would like to find out more about the trip you are planning. I have been looking at many posts on a variety of websites and I've seen listings for circumnavigations that may take 2-3 years, I would be committed for the entirety of it regardless of it's length. I do have enough money to get me through in some situations, including visas, food, and what ever I might need when we were on land. So that's where I'm at, please let me know what you're thinking. I would also be willing to fly to Norway for the departure. I hope to hear back from you,

Adam Kane
shortyadamk(at)gmail.com
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook