SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pacific Seacraft customer service
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009
Redwood Coast, CA.

fishtrip is on a distinguished road
Pacific Seacraft customer service

Hello All...... (and especially any of you on this forum thinking about purchasing a Pacific Seacraft),

Most of us on this site either own or are thinking about buying a PSC, so I won't bother reiterating what a quality built boat they are, or their sea keeping ability, since you obviously know that already.
However, I know that there were some issues about support in the final days of PSC's days in California.
I want to relate a story about Pacific Seacraft's customer Service and support in the new incarnation with Steve Brode at the wheel in North Carolina......

Since buying Cloud Messenger I had contacted PSC and spoken to Thumper a few times about things like screens and gasket material for my portlights. Always helpful and cheery, Thumper directed me to sources for the things I needed.
Fast Forward to about two weeks ago when I had an unfortunate run-in with a channel marker on the ICW...... Don't ask, I'm still kicking myself about it!!!!
Luckily, it wasn't head on, but a glancing blow about 3 feet aft of the bow shattering the cap rail, BUT DOING NO OTHER DAMAGE, this is one tough boat!
I digress....... I called Thumper and told him what had happened, asked him if the cap rails on the new PSC's were still made with the same template as my 1994 and the asked if PSC could make me a new cap rail section..... FAST.
The template is the same and after checking with the production manager in the wood shop, Thumper called me back and said that they were going to stop production in the wood shop and run my cap rail immediately. Not only did they send me the new cap section, but also included: a template to route out the butterflies, new butterflies, new fastenings, and new bungs. Shipped it out next day air. All for a price much less than I could have had one made from scratch.
Thanks to Chris Webb at Webb Marine on Merritt Island (FL), the cap rail is now installed and is a perfect fit.
I hope this long post, will instill even more confidence in all of you who own a PSC, and further persuade any of you thinking about buying a PSC that you are making the right choice.
Again, my thanks to PSC and especially Thumper Brooks.

David Schachter
Cloud Messenger
PSC 37 #293
San Francisco, CA
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook