SailNet Community - View Single Post - My first sailboat: Paceship 26 or Tartan 30?
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009

mikehoyt is on a distinguished road
I like the Paceship.

It is really a 27 foot vessel and has a lot of room compared to most 26 inside. of the two it sounds to be in much better condition and if it suits your needs is the better boat.

In all reality if you have two teenage daughters you need not worry too much about sleeping four people on the boat. Unless your daughters are avid sailors they will be unlikely to accompany you often especially overnight. Usually they have "sleepover" plans that are much more fun than spending a night camping with mom and Dad....

I come from a family of 7. My parents upgraded from a Spirit 28 to a C&C 36 back in 1981 so they could sleep 6. there was never more than 3 people aboard overnight in the 9 years they owned the boat.

The PY26 was a well built boat and sails reasonably well for a 27 foot boat of its time. is likely an early 70s boat - around 1974.

Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook