SailNet Community - View Single Post - My first sailboat: Paceship 26 or Tartan 30?
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009

Nitefly is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by deniseO30 View Post
the mere mention of the A4 can get some very "passionate" responses. There are posts all over the boards about them and how they drag the price of really good boats down to give away prices.
Personally I don't want gasoline anywhere near me when on the water. I see allot of power boats go by and the raw gas smell alone scares me! vapors in closed spaces or compartments = disaster (imho) But on the other hand, who actually has had A4 blow up?
Dropping a keel is not all that hard it's the cost that would worry me. From what I understand yards don't like to tie up the travel lift while the keel is off the boat. Heck, if you get a boat that is pristine in every other way (I've actually considered this) you can repower with die$sel! Still though, there are hundreds, thousands? of boats out there with diesels that are cheap enough.
Maryland sailboats for sale by owner.
Thanks Denise. This boat is inexpensive enough that if I have to put a new diesel in it, it would bring it in line with many other boats of the same model price wise. In fact, Ill plan on that down the road, but I'll try the A4 for now. I'll find out in a few hours... eck.. butterflies in the stomach! Thanks for the link too. I hadn't seen this site yet.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook