SailNet Community - View Single Post - Idea for turnbuckle cotter pins
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009

Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about
I've used rings for years since they make adjustment easy. There is a risk of catching them with a sheet (especially when I used the blade on my boat). I have not taped them since that defeats the purpose of using a ring in the first place. A favorite set up for protecting the Ring-dings from snagging sheets and sails is to make a sleeve out of PVC tubing. I leave the tubing open at the top and can slide the tube up out of the way to work on the turnbuckle and let it drop down when I am done. That said, I have never gotten around to making a set for Synergy.

I am also a big believer in backing off the rigging tension and putting lanacote on the threads of the turnbuckle to minimize crevice coorosion.

Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Curmudgeon at Large- and rhinestone in the rough, sailing my Farr 11.6 on the Chesapeake Bay and part-time purveyor of marine supplies
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook