SailNet Community - View Single Post - Planned interior upgrades for Oh Joy
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009
On the hard

CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about
Planned interior upgrades for Oh Joy

We have plans for making this old girl a little homier as we restore her. We plan to do some extended cruising once we get her back in the water but I have to make some changes to keep the Admiral happy. The following is a drawing of the proposed changes:

As you can see, the bottom drawing is the original configuration. I am adding or changing the following:

The forward berth will be converted to a pull out pullman berth that will be 30" closed and 42" open. There will be a settee with vanity and hanging locker as well.

The main cabin settee's will stay the same with the Starboard one extending into a double berth as designed.

The galley will be essentially the same with the exception of Corian counter tops and the addition of countertop extensions that hook on the Galley half bulkheads with fold down legs which will fit into sockets on the settee base boxes. These will fold and store in pockets above the refrigeration. There will also be pressure water to go with the manual and a new SS sink.

The cabinetry to Port will basically stay the same with the exception that the power panel will be relocated in it's aft cabinet space from under the companionway. I positively HATE wet electrical panels...

The pilot berth to Starboard is going away to be replaced by cabinetry which holds the refrigeration and the fold down chart table as well as electronics. The standard berths have lee boards and are fine as sea berths. I can't even fit into the pilot berth so it becomes a catch-all for loose flotsam in the house.

The hanging locker is being extended to a double as I sacrifice the existing shelves there which are just catch-all's as well. The head will stay about the same except it may have a shower, if I can figure out how to catch and drain the run-off. If not....

The entire interior is being replaced with new marine plywood including the bulkheads. The paint and varnish scheme will remain as original in the Herreshoff fashion.

Take a close look and comment if something catches your eye or concerns you.

Thanks for looking.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook