SailNet Community - View Single Post - 13-year-old Laura Dekker around the world
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009

Garffin is on a distinguished road
Youngest Person to Top Mount Everest is a Girl

Youngest Person to Top Mount Everest is a Girl
Posted by: gretchen on May 21, 2007 in Yes She Can! Last week, Samantha Larson became the youngest person on record to climb to the summit of Mount Everest. Samantha, who climbed the peak with her father as part of the “Seven summits challenge” has now officially beat the challenge record set last year by 20 year old Rhys Miles Jones. Samantha has been climbing since she was a kid and has reached the peaks of mountains such Aconcagua in South America at the age of 13 and Mount Kilimanjaro in Africa at the age of 14.
After having spent a good deal of time on rivers and creeks all over the south east and having been involved with teaching a few people how to kayak/creeking. I have noticed that the younger the person the easiser it is for them to pick it up and to go with the flow so to speak. I think she will be able to do it if she has the money to back it up with. I am glad for her and hope the best for her. Go for it girl. Dan
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook