SailNet Community - View Single Post - Planned interior upgrades for Oh Joy
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009
On the hard

CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster View Post
Looks like some good ideas, CC....

The one comment I'd have (and you've probably thought this through already) is to be sure that the plan views shown actually reconcile with the hull sections, especially forward. It's easy to lay out some new features like your pullman and the settee only to discover that at the height they really end up being the hull is narrower already and skews your plans -

for example your pullman and settee fwd are shown extending to the deck edge, essentially, whereas the hull is really only that wide at the deck height... see what I mean? in reality they may be pushed towards centerline, and end up being smaller than shown....
Yeah, that area's a bear to design. Lot's of measuring and re-measuring before finalization. The tough part will be tucking the slide boards under up forward. At least I have existing slide (berth extension) systems to copy as both the Starboard and Pilot berths are extension berths. The settee and vanity will be easy on the Starboard side as will be the hanging locker. I'll simply replicate the existing locker forward of the bulkhead. The sole trim will be an interesting bit to fabricate though...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook