SailNet Community - View Single Post - where is everybody gone?
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009

Joevacs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdbee View Post

It would be nice if people had a bit more of an open mind to other people's choices. I think this method of communication, gives people a bit of anonymity and because of this, we tend to be a bit more direct - "rude" at times in expressing ourselves. Of course there are plenty of aholes in the "real" world too. I admit I have taken the same attitude, at times, towards a certain brands of motorcycles myself since I was in that field for over thirty years. I have tried to be more open minded but at times it can be hard.
I may be mistaken but it seems some others may have become a bit more tolerant.
I've been guilty of some of that. Mostly from ignorance of how forums worked, and that you can't tell sometimes when someone is being sarcastic or making a joke.
The Ford verses Chevy argument is a fun one for me, always has been, but some people get real serious about it, and downright mean.
I like my little boat and have a good time on it. There's always going to be a better boat . Even if you owned a Swan, there would be somebody that would look down their nose and think there was a flaw somewhere.
Who cares ? lifes too short to fuss all the time.
Macgregor, Venture 17 ,#998
Hickory, NC
Proud to be American !
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook