SailNet Community - View Single Post - Dear Mods, Delaware Bay Heading?
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009

pdqaltair is on a distinguished road
Has anyone stayed at the Delaware City Marina in the past year?

I stopped there some years ago, to catch the ferry over to Pea Patch Island with my daughter; at the time the bulkhead was scruffy and very shallow (2-3 feet at MLW) and there were only a few slips, which had ~ 4-5 feet in them. Not much else. Now, according to their web site, they have installed a very long row of floating docks and can handle much more sizable boats. The whole waterfront looks quite re-modeled. It strikes me that they have really made a turn around and that I will definitely stop there instead of Chesapeake City next time I go the Cape May from the Chesapeake.

So, any local knowledge? Comments on the town? Other things to do?

Additionally, it seems my company may be starting a long-term project about 2 miles away in ~ 1 year, and it would be very convenient to spend a few nights there, now and then. Easy bicycle distance, though I am certain we will station a company car there too.

"Well, I just climb up to them."

by Joe Brown, English rock climber

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook