SailNet Community - View Single Post - Headliner Replacement
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009

harbin2 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for your responses. First, my headline is in almost perfect shape. It looks great with a few minor exceptions (a little rust from the staples showing around the windows). I did get some zipper lubricant and was able to get every zipper freed. That is the good news. The bad news is that I do have some leaks that are dripping out of the zipper above the starboard settee shelf. I believe it is coming from the genoa track. The PO had applied caulk along the 1 1/4" T track that I had to dig out in order to be able to move the genoa sheet lead block along the track. I'm almost certain that this work has re-introduced that leak he was trying to stop. I plan to locate the leak next spring but the underside of the deck is wet after a rain and I am keeping the zipper open now and a pan underneath. I'm pretty certain that the fix will be to remove and rebed the track. In order to go this, I'll need to remove some of the headline (the zippers only give access to about half the track backing plates and nuts). I'd appreciate any other tips on tools or techniques. I'm going to Sailrite later this week and will look at the corner covers they hopefully still carry.
Thanks again.
Ron
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook