SailNet Community - View Single Post - Are you training up your young?
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009
Handsome devil

Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough
Are you training up your young?

I have a rock solid faith in Jesus Christ but I want my kids to "Own" there own faith not just follow me to church because that's what we do...the same goes with sailing...I want them to develop a love for it that hits a fever pitch...or at least one that if i were to kick the bucket tomorrow they would not want to See the family boat sold and would make sacrifices to see to it.

What are you doing to teach your young the love of sailing? What has been some of the memorable times that hooked them?...What didn't work that you can warn me about?

Thanks

FWIW Mine are 15, 17, 19 year old girls

Relationships are everything to me..everything else in life are just tools to enhance them.

The purchase price of a boat is just the admittance fee to the dance...you still have to spend money on the girl...so court one with something going for her with pleasing and desirable character traits others desire as well... or you could find yourself in a disillusioned relationship contemplating an expensive divorce.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook