SailNet Community - View Single Post - The Circumnavigating Newborn Countdown
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
To me it's not the individual in question - it's the concept. Like Charlie says, there's a force behind these kids that's doing a lot of the driving. And that's what I think the writer was facetiously hammering on.

When Jessica's committee was making the decision on her departure, instead of her, that behind-the-scenes force showed its face. I'm sorry, but this is a girl that's blogging about making seat belts for her stuffed animals and snapping pics of her cosmetics collection in the cockpit. And now you've got Abby painting shoes, etc.

To me, it's the fame-before-accomplishment thing that's creating the danger. Ginning up PR and sponsorships based on "the record" creates a tremendous amount of pressure on anyone - much less a kid that is still worried about the well-being of stuff animals.

I'm just sayin'.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook