SailNet Community - View Single Post - Any suggestions...???
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Name a boat brand, and what you want to do will do it. Be it a Hunter, Beneteau, jeanneau, Oyster, swan etc. Too many doing what you are doing with just about ANY boat from the mid 30' range on up.

If leasure is the thing, the newer design deck salons seem to be the some what rage. Not my cup o tea, prefer the non DS models.

With guests, I would choose one of the three room setups vs my prefered choice of a 2 room, ie V berth and rear state room with a large storage under the cockpit seats. The 3 room versions you loose the storage area.......and the head area is (typically) smaller.

I like the jeanneau's, bendys in the first series is prefered, Catalina......not sure I would want a Bendy oceanus series. No hunters for different reasons shapes or forms, but everyone I know with them like them, just personal preferences I do not like about them, similar to the B OCeanus series vs first series. Sailing among others not to my stds, ie slower than I like for the given size. Dehler, Dufour, Island packet, to name a few others that would work. The IP's again would be ruled out due to slower than I like sailing stds.........good boats...........

Just my 01 not that it is worth much.