SailNet Community - View Single Post - My first sailboat: Paceship 26 or Tartan 30?
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009

Beshert is on a distinguished road
My first post also!! AND...I may have the very boat for you!!

Greetings "Nitefly" (from Upstate NY),
I read your posting regarding interest in a possible purchase of a PY-26.

I have been a PY-26 owner for the past 20 years, and now am looking to sell my baby. We are simply not sailing enough these days to make it worthwhile.

She is a 1979 PY-26 in very good condition with an outboard motor. I have two Dacron Mains, headsails of various sizes, and 2 spinakers. New Harkin hardware, lines, winches, tools, and too many other things to list unless interested. If so, then of course a complete accounting of everything would be provided in addition to all services, repairs, etc, etc....

She has been on Canandaigua Lake (one of the Finger Lakes) for her entire life, and has always been moored at the Canandaigua Yacht Club. Lovingly maintained, it will be hard to give her up as I met my wife on the foredeck......and proposed the following year! But, you know how it goes.....change happens.

Anyway, I cannot say enough about this boat. It is a dream to sail!! There is almost never a wind to strong, and she responds like a dream! Please feel free to contact me anytime if you would like more information.....or you would like to come and see her. Presently, she is dry docked at the club.

You can reach me via this forum, or
Cell: 585-747-0610

Hope to hear from you,
Thanks,
Steve
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook