SailNet Community - View Single Post - Partial Winterization for Continued Sailing?
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009

pdqaltair is on a distinguished road
I assume that you know that "frostbite" is a figure of speech...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakine929 View Post
Lines and sheets freezing? Frostbite? Thank you for the wake-up. I enjoy getting out of the house on weekends but hard to explain frostbite on Monday morning. I will be one of those fairweather sailors and draw the line at 50f. It would be nice to have a short re-commision for those 70f days that crop up in the winter here.

From what I have been reading about diesels, the engine preparation is the most involved. The oil on mine looks like it could be changed soon along with the antifreeze. Need to get my Yanmar book and read it this weekend. How often does the diesel filter need to be cleaned?
for dingy sailing outside of the normal season. It does not - directly, anyway - imply actual frostbite. Just a figure of speech.

Frostbite is not unheard of, though....

"Well, I just climb up to them."

by Joe Brown, English rock climber

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook