SailNet Community - View Single Post - My first sailboat: Paceship 26 or Tartan 30?
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009

drdkdover is on a distinguished road
So far I haven't had any special maintenance, the paint is bubbling up a bit at the seam, It has hard bottom paint on it that I'm gonna have to sand down anyway, so I'll sand it all down on the keel and see what the situation is, but I've been assured a bit of epoxy here and there won't be a problem, as long as the bolts are in good shape.. I try to keep the bilge as dry as I can and spray them with WD40 from time to time to keep them clean. The AMF boats were made from the same molds and all, they just made a few design changes. there's a ton of info at www dot paceship dot org, including a history and specs and all that.... AMF sold the molds to Tanzer I believe in the early 80's and came out with the Tanzer 27, based on the PY26. The AMF and the original Paceship should be comparable in quality I suppose, I just no that AMF has had reputation issues with other products, and they almost killed Harley Davidson, which is reason for some of the stigma.. If it feels like a solid boat, it probably is. The former owner of mine, sold it to get an Erickson 32, the "Bigger Boat" for bigger, longer cruising, but man, I think he still misses the PY26, and to be honest, his new one isn't that much roomier all around.......
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook