SailNet Community - View Single Post - Any opinion on the newer C&C''s
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2006

Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about
I am not much of a fan of the 110 and 121, but have been very impressed with the 115 all around. Materials and methods of construction wise, these are some of the best built boats on the market. They should be one of the strongest for the weight boats on the market. In many ways these are my idea of an ideal performance coastal cruiser for a couple or single-hander offering a very workable interior and deck plan, very high performance and a rig that should be very easy to handle. While these boats have defininately been designed with racing in mind, I would still say that they are more cruiser than racer. If I have one real gripe with these boats, it is the very small water tankage which in my mind is something less than half of what I would want to see.

Just as a point of contrast, I would suggest that you take a look at the Aerodyne 38 and the Farr 395. Both are similar in concept high performance cruiser/ racers. Of the three the Aerodyne 38 seems to be the better cruiser/single-hander. The big shortcoming of the Aerodyne and Farr as coastal cruisers are their very deep draft. Although not built as well as the other three boats you might also take a look at Beneteau First 40.7.

Jeff
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook