SailNet Community - View Single Post - help with lifes dream
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2006

The Regatta Queen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimby
My husband I and our three kids want to sail from Duncan bc not to far from victora bc. To the Caribbean and were the wind takes us we will be sailing at our own pace. We will be home schooling we are both going to be taking alot of sailing courses my husband knows more about sailing then I do. we will be living on our sail boat. this is not something we are doing right away but we have been doing alot of research. I have found sailnet and it is great. We seem to think we will need a big sail boat. we need help what kinds of boats would you pick there are alot of things we need to do before we do anything will we be able to sail a big sail boat just the two of us our kids will be 14 10 and 9. And if there is anything anyone would like to say to help us with this lifes dream feel free.
Hey, I'm thinking maybe you could start to earn money and get higher-paying jobs only if you can, and start looking in catologues for sailboats, as well as classified ads, have you and your husband look at some, or go out to a boat dock and look to see if there are any for sale, and if you can have the kids agree on one of your selections, that'll be good also, and you'll have something to go by.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook