SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hampton Roads, VA crew wanted for Dec 29th
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009

rwcat is on a distinguished road
Help moving your boat..give me a call

I'm currently in Raleigh, NC, and have time on my hands. I have plenty of experience, and can help you out...but would require you you get me back to my vehicle or have you shuttle me from final destination to the starting point.
I'll have a few questions about your boat's readiness. Make sure you have plenty of fuel, and all fluids are ok. Make sure you have working VHF, current chart of area, cell phone with numbers for contacts at your departure/arrival locations, and at this time of year a dinghy. Unless you have had a through survey/inspection of items that could sink the boat, you never know if a thru hull, hose, prop shaft seal etc., is about to fail. In other words, always be prepared for the worse. It may even mean running the boat aground if sinking is imminent. Sorry to sound so fatalistic...but it is winter, and this is a new(used) boat that you obviously are not intimately familiar with. I love boating...and want to continue doing so. I have a USCG 100 Ton NC license, have taught sailing at private commercial sailing schools & also license school at California Maritime Academy. Would like to help you out...call me at 775 772 2229 (use east coast times.)

Regards, Ray
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook