SailNet Community - View Single Post - Where are all the Texas Padre Island Cruisers
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009

Lostmt is on a distinguished road
Well Paul you are headed out the 29th of Dec. I hope you can find a weather window this time of year.

Bring some, no a lot of, warm cloths. Be ready to handle what is fix in to come at you. You will get hammered this time of year. The weather man, and it doesn't matter which one you look at, aint going to be correct.

I just got off the phone with a friend that made it over to Pensacola last night. The first words out of his mouth was "Don't go after Nov 1st you will get hammered". He is going to whole up there for a few days waiting on a better window to finish. He was also in 1000' of water and getting beat up. This was in a 41' Tartan.

Within the last two weeks there has been 2 rescues by the CG of sailors off Matagorda Bay. One I can't find any info on but was towed in by the CG sails ripped to pieces. A friend saw it coming in the big jetties here at Port O'Connor. The other made big time news.

I know you didn't ask for my advice but if you have to go do the ICW to Mississippi Sound.

I'll PM you my phone# if you are coming thru on the ICW. Give me a call I'll wave as you pass.

Fair winds and following seas.
David
Port O'Connor, Tx
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook