SailNet Community - View Single Post - Windy Marina -vid
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2009

71Irwin32 is on a distinguished road
Yes, it was just my luck, as soon as I brought out the camera the wind died out. You did see the roof it ripped off? It was only sustaining about 25-30 when I did the vid, but pulled off brick facing on a large hotel also and was measured at wind speeds up to 70kts.....but I was in the boat doing something else at the time, but I wanted to show how close the ripped of roof was to the Marina.

Sorry I didn't catch the heavier wind, but it was a good ride and unexpected. I was installing a chart table at the time.

Grace is suspended between 4 piers and does not touch touch the dock. That particular wind was pushing the boat within 7-8 inches of the dock, so I moved the fender there just incase the lines stretched out a bit. They didn't, and I doubled up the one bow line that was singled, and you'll notice the fender isn't touching the dock either.

I just purchased this boat a couple months ago and it's only my second time on her. I've got get the air out of the fuel lines and maybe install a new fuel pump, so I can take her to the DIY yard on the other side of the bay, pull'er out and redo the centerboard.....install my solar panels and desalination system, thru-hulls, the teak, etc....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 71Irwin32; 12-25-2009 at 09:16 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook