SailNet Community - View Single Post - Right directions...
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009
Nautical Jedi

FeralKid is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to FeralKid Send a message via Yahoo to FeralKid
Right directions...

For the past couple of months, I have been living on a Cruise-a-Home and looking forward to the days I can get back to a real sailboat. It is four old son and I, and I am seriously looking for a true boat to call home.

I figure I would post my questions to the group and maybe someone can point me in the right direction. I have been looking at the Formosa and trying to see if that would meet my needs, but after a biting commentary by Jeff, I have decided to look elsewhere.

What I am looking for is a decent and cost effective center cockpit boat. It needs to have a least an additional stateroom and decent storage. I am not opposed to a center cockpit with a pilot house, but I can live without that. I need at least 6'3 or better headroom. I would definitely like something with a dedicated navigation area. Last, but not least I need it to be easily handled single hand, or as close to single hand as possible. I am not opposed to a motorsailer, but definitely want to allow for large fuel capcity (greater than 200 gallons) as well as large water tankage.

I am not looking for a fluff boat, but something that is comfortable in a Marina, but is just as comfortable rounding the Horn, or looking at the ice around the Arctic Sea or rounding the Horn and heading 600 miles south.

Granted some of the itinerary is slightly imagined, but one never knows once one has the "right one" under your feet! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook