SailNet Community - View Single Post - Canadian looking for Broker
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009

Capnblu is on a distinguished road
We hired a broker to present the offer and to do the counter offers. In my opinion, you are going to have to do the leg work yourself. you will be finding the listings yourself, and come up with a spread sheet of questions and start making phone calls to the listing brokers. Better yet put your questions in writing, and don't be disappointed when they only answer half of them. If your experience is any thing like ours, you will feel like a babysitter by the time you are done. Every broker talks to buyers every day that say they are ready to buy, but the problem is the buyers some times take a year to decide, so most brokers treat every customer like a lookey Lou. They are not realtors after all. In the end you will probably wonder why you didn't just present the offer to the listing broker yourself, and deduct the commission he would have given to your broker. Every broker we tried to get to find us a boat, just sent us the yachtworld listings we already had seen. Just my opinion, maybe you will have better luck. BLU.

I Don't Know! I Don't Know!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook