SailNet Community - View Single Post - Is Strictly Sail Miami a good show?
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009

mstern is on a distinguished road
Nate: First, thank you for your service.

As to your question, you are in Miami, there are a zillion things to do. Here's what my wife likes to do when we are in Miami: go to South Beach. A walk along Ocean Drive is free entertainment. Lots of trendy clubs, stores and restaurants, but the people watching is free. Very poplular with eurpoeans. Go at night and see the models, eurotrash, and other tourists. Also, Lincoln Walk is a pedestrian way in the middle of South Beach. Even more restaurants and shops. We like Crandon Park, which is a city beach on Key Biscayne. Lots of room, beautiful beaches, bathrooms, snack bar, etc. If you like flea markets, go up to Deerfield, about 40 minutes north of Miami. The flea market is right off the exit from Florida's Turnpike, Sample Road. Its indoor, with a food court and lots of actually good stuff mixed in with the usual crap. Of course, there are about a jillion other tourist things to do, like Monkey Jungle, Parrot Jungle, etc. What is it that you are looking for? Tourist? Romantic? Shopping? Eating? Will you have a car? Btw, I just saw an ad for the Miami show, and I see it is in a new location this year. I wonder why?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook