Welcome to Sailnet
Announcements and Suggestions Box
Home Page Featured News
Cruising and Sailing with Children
Cruising & Liveaboard Forum
Vessels Lost, Missing, or in Danger
Gear & Maintenance
Boat Review and Purchase Forum
Skills and Seamanship
Apps & Authors
Learning to Sail
Seamanship & Navigation
Extreme Sailing Videos
Great Anchorage/Vacation Videos
General Discussion (sailing related)
Looking for Companionship...
My Boats Gear .com
Good Old Boat
Learning to Sail Articles
Buying a Boat Articles
Gear and Maintenance Articles
Her Sailnet Articles
Sailing News Feeds from Around the World
Boat Builders Row
C & C
Columbia & Coronado
North American Yachts
Boatbuilding & Repair
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Plumbing and Pumps
Trailer & Watersports
Florida to Texas June 2006
View Single Post
Join Date: Oct 2003
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Jim here, I thought I would put a list together so you might have some Ideas as to what you should bring. Remember the list is just a suggestion list you can bring yourself and we will do just fine. Or bring what you want I am not picky so go for it.
1. A good knife stainless or rust resistant on a belt.
2. Shoes Sperry Topsider, Sebago, Timberland, or what ever brand you can afford.
The cheep shoes do seem to be allot ďslipperyĒ
3. Rain gear you donít really need the high end stuff but if you can afford it get it jacket and pants.
Wal Mart carries Sterns, which will work OK and is not too expensive. Get the rip stop stuff. Get it large enough to put on sweatshirts and sweaters underneath.
4. Sunglasses a good pair and a cheep backup the sun is a killer and you will be blind with out eye protection.
5. Clothing, shorts four pair, jeans two pair, t-shirts a weeks supply black is a bad color because of the heat. A couple of long sleeve Tís are good for rain days to keep the chill off. Sweat shirt sweater and a light jacket windbreaker. A good pair of slacks and one nice shirt. That way if you go to the Admirals Ball you donít look like a slouch, just kidding we are not going to any ball. Sneakers and your boat shoes are all you need. I donít wear socks or skivvies because they are to hot and the socks when wet are like walking in mud.
6. Sun Block and seas sick pills if you think you might get sick. Seasickness can paralyze you and there is no place to let you off the boat.
7. Bring your favorite junk food pick it up at the store in Ft Meyers or where you live.
8.Books and magazines to read cards or a game if you like.
9.You may want to bring your camera.
10.DVDís any movies you might like to watch. I have some scifi stuff a few war flicks a few comedy and some real life stuff.
11.Your cell phone will work in most coastal areas but be careful if the operator comes on with Gulf Tell or any thing like that they will hit your account for $7.00 per minute.
OK thatís it for now I will post more if I can think of anything.
I have been working on the boat for three weeks straight new alternator battery isolator. New wires on insturment panel and varnish. I have to replace the exhaust pipe from the engine to the muffler and rebuild the head this week oh and run new wires to the stern light thats always a fun job. Never enough daylight never enough hands
sailnaway is offline
Share with Facebook
View Public Profile
Send a private message to sailnaway
Find More Posts by sailnaway
-- Sailnet.com Forum (Full)
-- Sailnet.com Forum (Classic)
-- Sailnet.com Forum (Mobile)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to