SailNet Community - View Single Post - C=c 29 Mii
Thread: C=c 29 Mii
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009

jackdale will become famous soon enough
I am assuming that you had a surveyor check out everything when you purchased. The only issue of which I am aware with C&C's is the infamous smile at the keel/hull joint. Give the rigging a good thorough check. Carry some spare wire and some bulldog clips in case you break a shroud or stay.

The interior will probably need some work. Add lee clothes to both settees. make sure that the sole flooring is secure as well as secure all of the stowage under the settees, v-berth and quarterberth. Ensure the batteries are secure.

Make sure there is a grab bar in front of the stave and add a galley harness for extra security.

On deck add U bolts to each corner of the cockpit to secure tethers and run jacklines. How many do you plan on having for you crossing?

A five year plan is a great one. Work your way up. Develop and hone your skills. I might suggest either getting some certification or hiring an instructor to help develop good habits. There should be some CYA instructors in your vicinity. Check out Canadian Yachting Association for some names.

Working on your own boat will give you a great familiarity with it.
IYT Yachtmaster Coastal Instructor
ASA 201, 203, 204, 205, 206, 214
As I sail, I praise God, and care not. (Luke Foxe)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook