SailNet Community - View Single Post - C=c 29 Mii
Thread: C=c 29 Mii
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009
ASA and PSIA Instructor

sailingfool will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendow View Post
I have just sighned up and look forward to sharing ideas and info with fellow sailors.
Quick question. I have sailed my C+C 29 MII in all kinds of conditions and love it. Unity (boat name) is keeping me safe and dry.
I am interested in anyone who would like to comment on taking her accross the Atlantic. I have started a lot of upgrades and do not plan on crossing for a good 5 years. I do not want to buy another more worthy boat as I really enjoy this boat. I have sailed her in many crazy conditions and found her up for the task, she is a bit of a rough ride though !

Thanks
Len
This boat is a nice coastal racer/cruiser, with the emphasis on racer. But i consider this boat is a very poor choice for blue water use: light, wide beam, I beleive a flat bottom, properly consrtucted but not robust, very little tankage, very little storage, very little carrying capacity.

Not to say that if you are prudent, you are not likely to survive...people cross the ocean in amazing crafts and usually make it...but there are other boats this size that make a much better base for a small blue water cruiser. You will be fundamentally trying to refit this boat into something neither the designers nor builder intended it to be. You can at best have limited success.

Last edited by sailingfool; 12-31-2009 at 10:08 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook