SailNet Community - View Single Post - Small compressor for diving.
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010

2Gringos is on a distinguished road
That one in the lower left of the brochure is the one we have. Subaru gasoline engine. We get about four hours of diving on a half gallon of gasoline. I have three regulators, and Brownies supplied me with the hoses cut in 20 ft. lengths. I can put three people to sixty-seventy feet but typically won't. Almost all the fun stuff to see is shallower than 30 ft. I give them a 20 ft. hose until I can acertain how comfy they are breathing underwater. That's plenty good for lots of fun reef diving, etc. down to 10-12 ft. If it's someone who knows what they are doing, another diver, etc. I can clip more hose on in 20 ft. sections. as needed. 40 ft. of hose will get you below two atmospheres, but just barely and you have to work at it. On the other hand, if I need to bounce down to a hundred feet, I can do that, too. Rarely happens.

Time at depth is one of the aspects of hookah diving that can get you in trouble without training. You could easily go to 50 ft. and be there for hours...this is something that needs an experienced diver to take control of.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 2Gringos; 01-01-2010 at 08:32 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook