SailNet Community - View Single Post - Nantucket Island 33?
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010

Starry Night is on a distinguished road
Nantucket Island 33

Hello:
I'm happy to discuss the Nantucket Island 33, being the proud owner of one since July 08'. We found the boat in Annapolis MD, and subsquesntly made numerous trips to repair and refurbish a boat that's well worth the effort/expence!
We eventually got launched in May of this year, and cruised the boat back home to NS Canada via the intercostal waterway and Gulf of Maine. This is a short trip compared to it's previous travels, as it has been from England through French canals to Paris and the Med, to the Greek Islands eventually doing a transatlantic crossing to the Carribean, up the eastern seaboard and inland to Lake Ontario. As if this wern't enough, it was then trucked to a lake in Texas, found it's way to the Gulf Coast, and around to the Chesapeak where we found it.
Mentioning it's history will pehaps give you an idea of how good a cruising design this 33" boat is. While not extremely close-winded,it sails very well off the wind with an easy, sea-kindly motion.
The layout and interior finish is what really sold me on the boat, with the best use of space I've seen on a boat of this size, and a beautiful solid teak interior. I operate a cruising school and my students find it an easy boat to sail, and comfortable to cruise on. If you want more detail, to see photos, or to join a course to sail the boat yourself go to Learn to Sail, Sailing Courses in Canada with Sou'Wester Adventures in Nova Scotia If you contact me through the site I can also send more info, previous listings on yachtworld, and the line drawings. We are also in contact with another owner in Kingston, ON. who is very pleased with his. Hope this is helpful, good luck in finding one!
Cheers
Eric Grant
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook