SailNet Community - View Single Post - A Sail with Courtney
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010

midnightsailor is on a distinguished road
Although i have been a member of Sailnet for several years, I only started participating in the forums last year. It was just shortly after Courtney passed. I became curious about the references to Courtney I would see from time to time, so a few months ago I did a search. I came upon the thread you mention "My wish for the New Year, One More Sail with My Daughter" I started to read the thread and became more and more amazed at what I was reading. The compassion of the sailnetters, the love shown by all, the strength exhibited by Bubb, not to mention his courage and generosity in sharing this with the people on Sailnet. I also began to know somthing about Courtney, a person I had never met, but who was obviously a testatment to the spirit. I was moved by her courage and determination, her selflessness in trying to help others around her. I t is obvious that she was a very special person and I wished to have known her. After reading that thread, I wanted to say somthing. I wanted to let Bubb, and the others who were with her, in body and spirit, during that difficult period, that I understood what the references were all about, what they meant, why they were important, but I did not know how. I felt awkward somehow to all of a sudden start a new thread that tried to say.."hey, I getit, and thanks, and I am sorry for your loss, and ,well I didn,t know what to say . So I just decided to say nothing, but everytime I saw those refernces to her I would remembered too. Everytime I would go outside and look at the stars, I would think, out there is a star that belongs to a very special lady. Thanks for giving me this oportunity to express myself. God Bless Courtney and Bubb, heres to you, I don't think I need to tell you why. Rick
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook