SailNet Community - View Single Post - Starrett-Jenks Morgan45 info-opinions
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010

Talisman66 is on a distinguished road
engine pics, shown installed but I have since cleaned up the wiring mess. Notice I cut and welded a 2 1/2 inch section to the oilpan and pickup adding 4 more quarts of oil to the 4 quart pan. Added a dual remote oil filter for 2 more quarts. Now I have 11 quarts of oil in the system instead of 4 1/2. I also moved the heat exchanger pipes from hugging the engine out to the port stringer wall, giving me alot of room to access the starter and injector pump. Also, moved the fuel filter from covering up the lift pump to the bulkhead fwd portside corner for easy access. Put a cover on the Header tank and fabbed a remote coolant resivoir in the engine room mounted just higher than the hot water heater. They had disconected the hot water heater from the engine because with the coolant cap on the header tank you could not get enough coolant in the system to pump it up to the hot water heater without having a huge air pocket. Now it works awesome. I figure I could shower and do dishes while charging the batteries on the hook.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sailboat redo engine old.jpg (111.3 KB, 340 views)
File Type: jpg sailboat redo engine new.jpg (100.1 KB, 338 views)
File Type: jpg sailboat redo engine 1.jpg (79.9 KB, 334 views)
File Type: jpg sailboat redo engine 2.jpg (81.6 KB, 331 views)
File Type: jpg sailboat redo engine 3.jpg (81.3 KB, 331 views)
s/v Talisman 1979 SJ45 #179
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook