SailNet Community - View Single Post - Just bought a 1989 Sabre 34II Targa!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010
A New Adventurer

funjohnson is on a distinguished road
Just bought a 1989 Sabre 34II Targa!!!

Had to share my excitement!

I searched Yachtworld for the past year for a boat that my wife and I could grow into. Coming from my Hunter 240, anything would have been a huge increase in comfort, but we wanted more than just that. We looked at Catalina, Beneteau and a few others, but the ones in our price range didn't seem to fit our personality. In early summer I saw an ad for my new boat, but I quick ruled it out due to the price. Last month I saw it was lowered $20,000 from 6 months ago... it now was close!

Lucky for us it was almost in our backyard. The wife and I went and spent hours going over it a month ago, and after two more trips we made an offer for $12,000 off from the new lower price. Two days later it was accepted (it seems like a good deal for us). The survey came out very clean with no major issues or moisture (have 4 minor 5 minutes fixes and 1 thing we need to keep our eyes on).

I singed the paperwork last Thursday and took delivery. The boat is being stored inside a heated building for the winter. This works perfect for me to get to know the systems, pot and re-bed the deck hardware, oil the interior teak and add a few electrical toys... new high power alt, Bluesea v422 battery and tank monitor, Xantrex inverter and hopefully a Lewmar windlass.

Well enough words... here are some pics:

If board and want to take a look at more photos, here is a link:

SABRE 34 TARGA pictures by whatsaz3coupe - Photobucket

Last edited by funjohnson; 01-05-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook