SailNet Community - View Single Post - Great Lakes cruise
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2006

Irwin32 is on a distinguished road
i really do appreciate the posts here. The house in IL is sold and closes in a couple of weeks and we close on a home in Wilson, NY in the middle of April. Housing prices are low there and we were able to find a home with L Ontario frontage for significantly less than our IL home. Its a fixer upper, but I have done that before. The house is 3 miles from either the harbor in Wilson to the west or the one in Olcott Beach to the East.

If I can have the boat ready by mid May, I will sail in tandem with a friend doing a delivery to Bayfield. (long underwear cruise) I will go as far as St Ignace, or thereabouts, and split from him. I plan to spend June poking around northern Huron and July in the N Channel. I am supposed to meet a friend at Little Current on July 1. I am debating whether to do the Trent Severen or Lake Erie. Tough choice. I think that if I do not spend a lot of time in Georgian Bay this summer, I will go the L Erie route since it will be with the prevailing winds. I would then return to Georgian a year or two later via the Trent Severen, cruise that area and return via Erie to L Ontario.

Al, I plan to get into Wilson late August, but my time fram is pretty open. I'm retired and really don't have any deadlines.

Life is full of so many choices.

I am printing this thread out tonight - thanks for the input. I will be looking some of you up this summer. If you are not on your boat, I will leave an empty beer bottle on your deck to let you know I was there.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook