SailNet Community - View Single Post - A Sail with Courtney
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010
Banned

bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about
The evening of Dec 31 we were clearing Hilton Head Island and heading for open water. When we got Hawg's boat settled down under sail on the rhumb line to Jacksonville, Tim told me what Jim (T34C) was planning.

Jim, I can't tell you how taken back I was. My heart skipped a few beats. My family and myself will support you 100% in this endeavor.

Courtney would/will be overwhelmed that a day in her name will be designated to bring together Friends and family, Sailors and her cancer sisters. If we could put a couple dollars together for the Young Survivors Coalition it would be all the better. This is how she would want to be remembered. It is just so right! Thank you so much!

Jim, the timing of your announcement did not go unnoticed. Courtney was born under a full moon and she left us under a full moon. Many of the major events of her life happened under a full moon. I took the helm of Hawg's boat under a full moon the night of the 31st. 1000 yards out in front of the boat the moon light was hitting the water with such a brilliant shimmer. I sailed all night letting the moon light on the water guide me. I didn't have to look at the GPS. Yes, that moon beam was Courtney showing us the way.

Last edited by bubb2; 01-06-2010 at 10:15 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook