SailNet Community - View Single Post - Then she said how about a circumnavigation?
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010
Bristol 45.5 - AiniA

killarney_sailor is on a distinguished road
Planning stage

We will go through Panama next fall and in general follow the standard route around including South Africa. We will investigate going to China and/or India on the way since I am fascinated by both and it would be interesting to go to areas that are not on the beaten track for cruisers. We have no particular time frame in mind althought it will be at least three years. We are at the stage of making lists of places we want to go, finding places we don't know about that are great and using Cornell to figure out when various passages should be made and how all of this can reconciled. Great fun.

I know there are places to anchor in the cruising grounds of places like Scotland and Ireland. My concern was about going up the Atlantic Coast from Portugal to southern England and the western part of the Med. We have been told that it is very hard to find anchorages. We might go to Europe on the circumnavigation in any case.
Back in the water in Grenada - with new main and #2 and cockpit canvas (Santa came early). Will spend the winter and early spring in the Caribbean and then head to Bermuda and the northeast US. Still trying to decide if we will bring the boat to Canada, either in 2015 or 2016.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook