SailNet Community - View Single Post - Solomon Islands a must
View Single Post
post #23 of Old 01-07-2010 Thread Starter
OziDude
Future Catamaran Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkster View Post
I have looked all over the net and found you as result of your posting and my search. I am researching the japanese memorial near mt austin in the solomons.
have you seen this? There is supposed to one of a large brass reptile like man with a tail that has a raygun looking thing being grasped by the tail and pointing toward the nountain. Is this true? Do you ahve any pics as I cant find a single one? know where I can find one? If you are going to go there again could you take several and email me them? You would be helping out a US writer a lot and I will give you full acknolegdement as the source Have a great day and thanks
Hi Barkster,

I have been to the Japanese War Memorial several times on the way up Mt Austin. I will be heading back over next week and will be there possibly until mid 2012.

I think you will be dissapointed as the Japanese War Memorial has been vandalised and all brass work taken. I am not aware nor have I seen the reptile like man you speak of. I will make further enquiries when I get there.

I do have a fairly current photo of the memorial that I took when I was last there.I will take some more photos so PM me your email address.

Shane (OziDude)

If you can dream it you can live it
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome