SailNet Community - View Single Post - Solomon Islands a must
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010
Future Catamaran Owner

OziDude is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by barkster View Post
I have looked all over the net and found you as result of your posting and my search. I am researching the japanese memorial near mt austin in the solomons.
have you seen this? There is supposed to one of a large brass reptile like man with a tail that has a raygun looking thing being grasped by the tail and pointing toward the nountain. Is this true? Do you ahve any pics as I cant find a single one? know where I can find one? If you are going to go there again could you take several and email me them? You would be helping out a US writer a lot and I will give you full acknolegdement as the source Have a great day and thanks
Hi Barkster,

I have been to the Japanese War Memorial several times on the way up Mt Austin. I will be heading back over next week and will be there possibly until mid 2012.

I think you will be dissapointed as the Japanese War Memorial has been vandalised and all brass work taken. I am not aware nor have I seen the reptile like man you speak of. I will make further enquiries when I get there.

I do have a fairly current photo of the memorial that I took when I was last there.I will take some more photos so PM me your email address.

Shane (OziDude)