Got a Variprop for my CS34 last year to improve the sailing performance and help with a little local racing. I have been very impressed with this prop.
- Easy to install
- Very easy to adjust pitch, both forward and reverse
- Excellent power in reverse, better than my old 2-blade fixed with less propwalk
- Good power through rough seas (3-blade model)
- Expensive (consistent with other feathering props)
- Defective screws detected by manufacturer, but they changed out the entire prop-head for a new one at no cost - even offered to pay the haul-out fee
- Not quite as efficient as a fixed prop
I went with feathering over folding because I have to reverse our of a slip in a narrow channel. Folding definitely has lower drag, but not as much thrust effeciency.