SailNet Community - View Single Post - What do you do during repairs?
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010
Vagabond in Training

Livia is on a distinguished road
We have lived aboard during haul-outs but we are going to be hauled out at a place where we won't be able to live this May so we are going to stay at a friend's apartment.

I found climbing up and down the ladder unnerving and I swear I can feel the slight flexing of the hull when it is windy, but obviously if the stilts can keep a 16,000lb boat stable in the wind, then my body weight isn't going to change things.

We also liveaboard during all of our major in-water repairs which are usually more disruptive. We usually haul out to do exterior/hull work and so our cockpit gets full as we empty lazarettes or access the engine but our living space is relatively normal.

However, when we decide to work on interior varnish, or plumbing, or electricity...then we are trying to eat/sleep/shower right in the middle of the project.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
//
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
//
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook