SailNet Community - View Single Post - Catalina Capri 26
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010

Diverboy is on a distinguished road
Hello there and thanks for the reply to my post about the capri 26 I would love to compare notes with you.

I have a ton of pics and a few videos as well, just you tube Catalina Capri 26 My boat should pop up.
You can reach my personal e-mail from there.

Its a great boat, but there is definatley an issue with the rounding up. I have not received a reply from catalina yet reference this I will probably just call them next week.

I have had a number of more skilled sailors than I take her out, and the issue is still there. I have discovered how to avoid it ( not pointing as high) and reefing much sooner than you would expect.

This seems to help considerably but, it definatley affects your sailing as you have to veer off the wind more than should be needed, as you know this creates more distance from point A to point B, making staying competitive in a race difficult.

Also the boat seems slow on the start but once i find that sweet spot she normally pulls ahead of other boats with similar PHRF ratings, ( mine is about 215-220) due to the inboard with Fixed prop.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Russ
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook